Meeting Planner Job Summary
Meeting Planner Job Summary:
- The Meeting Planner is an integral role in the consolidation of meetings.
- Effectively use the internet email, fax, phone, modern communication methods to streamline the costs and timeline of planning.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, attention to detail, strong organization skills, and the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously are essential.
- Ability to manage projects, research and analyze issues, and come up with creative solutions.
- Exhibit initiative, have a high degree of flexibility, and are comfortable interacting with all levels of management.
- Will travel, as required.
- Planning and managing meetings and events, which may include site selection, vendor negotiation, budget management, website management, registration process and final invoice review and approval.
- Monitor compliance to the policy and processes, laws, as well as provide onsite management and support, when required.
A meeting planner is responsible for working with all levels of employees on a variety of meetings, including day meetings, as well as meetings with 200+ attendees.
Manage site selection, contracting and negotiation processes for meeting venues, as well as coordinate and manage on-site support.
Gather all pertinent meeting information, and present the best site selection options per meeting agenda and budget.
Conduct final negotiations and meeting room confirmations; and establish payment methods for both air and meeting logistics.
Create meeting timelines and deliverables, and schedule regular meetings in order to monitor meeting status and content.
Coordinates and communicates program related information to vendors.
Create meeting evaluation forms, and conduct post meeting evaluations and meeting reconciliation.
May also perform additional administrative functions for the client, as necessary.
Working knowledgeably with technical and audio-visual personnel for necessary equipment set up
Oversee security set up, CCTV or security guards, as prudent and affordable
Certified Meeting Professional Designation or possesses 3-5 years of experience in Meeting Planning.
Meeting planning software used : Microsoft Event Management
And finally, a personal touch, treat all vendors and employees with gratitude for a job well done!
SIBKISS: SEE IT BIG KEEP IT SIMPLY SYNERGY